Get the Halo Glow! Halo is a fractional hybrid laser that addresses a wide range of skin issues and provides exceptional results. It’s made by Sciton, which is today’s leading developer of aesthetic lasers and has revolutionized skin rejuvenation internationally from its headquarters in Silicon Valley.
The Sciton Halo Fractional Laser works by delivering precise beams of laser energy to the skin, stimulating collagen production and promoting cellular regeneration. Treatments can be tailored to each patient’s needs, so specific areas of concern can be targeted while leaving surrounding healthy tissue untouched.
The result is a more youthful, radiant complexion, improved skin tone and texture, and a gentler treatment with a quicker recovery. At Allegro Med Spa, we offer this advanced laser treatment for wrinkle reduction, sun damage repair, acne scar treatment, pigmentation correction, skin texture improvement, and non-surgical facial rejuvenation. To learn more about how Halo can improve your skin, schedule a personal consultation at our offices in Santa Rosa. Call (707) 537-2111 or fill out this convenient online form to get started on your glow!
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 About Laser Treatments
- 3 Benefits
- 4 Halo Candidates
- 5 Personal Consultation
- 6 Preparation
- 7 Procedure
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Results
- 10 Complementary Procedures
- 11 Costs
- 12 FAQ
- 12.1 What is the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser?
- 12.2 How does the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser work?
- 12.3 What are the benefits of the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser?
- 12.4 Is Halo treatment painful?
- 12.5 What is the recovery time after the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser treatment?
- 12.6 How many sessions of Halo are required for optimal results?
- 12.7 Is the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser safe for all skin types?
- 12.8 Can the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser be combined with other treatments?
- 13 References
Before and After Photos
About Laser Treatments
Aesthetic laser treatments use targeted beams of energy that react with the water or darker-pigmented areas in our skin to create a thermal effect. This intense pulse of heat creates a controlled injury and allows new, healthy tissue to be produced.
What is a Fractional Laser?
A few decades ago, the only lasers available for skin resurfacing were CO2 lasers. These lasers are ablative, which means that intense laser energy vaporizes the outer layer of skin so that new, fresh undamaged skin can come to the surface. CO2 lasers are still an excellent option for many patients, and the technology has dramatically improved in recent years. However, not everyone needs an ablative treatment or has time for the recovery that a session requires. Scientists began exploring other types of lasers for gentler treatments that could be used on a wider range of skin types but weren’t able to get the same level of results.(1)
Since then, fractional lasers have changed the laser game! Fractional lasers like Fraxel use multiple tiny beams of laser energy, creating an even pattern of microscopic treatment zones so that a “fraction” of the skin remains undamaged.(1)(2)
Halo is a fractional laser but is also a hybrid laser, which combines ablative and non-ablative energy wavelengths. The high-frequency ablative wavelength resurfaces the outer layer of the skin to treat large pores, and wrinkles, while the lower-frequency wavelength penetrates deep into the dermis, where it treats pigmentation issues and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin for firmer, revitalized skin.
With Halo, everybody wins! One of the key advantages of the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser is its versatility. The hybrid laser wavelengths can be customized to meet each patient’s unique needs, allowing for personalized treatment plans tailored to achieve optimal results. Whether you are seeking to diminish fine lines and wrinkles, fade sunspots and discoloration, or minimize the appearance of acne scars, the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser can help you achieve your desired outcome.
Other benefits include:
- Improved Skin Texture: The laser targets damaged skin cells and stimulates the growth of new, healthy tissue, resulting in smoother and softer skin texture.
- Reduced Appearance of Fine Lines and Wrinkles: The laser’s energy penetrates deep into the skin, promoting collagen production and effectively reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Even Skin Tone and Complexion: Uneven skin tone and discoloration caused by sun damage, age spots, or melasma can be significantly improved with the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser, leading to a more even and radiant complexion.
- Minimized Pore Size: The laser treatment helps to unclog and shrink enlarged pores, giving the skin a refined and more youthful appearance.
- Reduced Pigmentation and Sun Damage: The laser targets areas of hyperpigmentation and sun damage, breaking up excess melanin and promoting the growth of new, unpigmented skin cells.
- Stimulated Collagen Production: The laser’s heat energy triggers the body’s natural collagen production, which helps to improve overall skin quality, making it firmer and more resilient and reducing the signs of aging.
- Smoother and More Radiant Skin: The combination of improved texture, reduced pigmentation, and increased collagen production results in smoother and more radiant skin.
- Long-lasting Results: The Sciton Halo Fractional Laser provides long-lasting results, with many patients experiencing continued improvements in their skin’s appearance for several months after treatment.
The Sciton Halo Fractional Laser also incorporates advanced technology that ensures patient comfort and safety. The device includes a built-in cooling system that continuously cools the skin during the treatment, minimizing any discomfort or risk of thermal injury. Additionally, the laser is equipped with a computerized scanner that ensures precise and consistent treatment delivery, resulting in optimal results. Moreover, this innovative laser technology offers a shorter downtime than traditional laser resurfacing procedures. Most individuals can resume normal activities within a few days after the procedure.
If you are seeking a non-surgical solution to improve your complexion, we invite you to schedule a consultation at Allegro Med Spa in Santa Rosa, California. Contact us at (707) 537-2111 or visit our website to learn more about the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser and how it can help you achieve a refreshed and revitalized appearance.
Over time, our skin can be affected by various factors such as aging, sun exposure, and environmental damage. These factors can lead to the development of fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, enlarged pores, and sunspots. The Sciton Halo Fractional Laser addresses all of these concerns, providing a comprehensive solution for skin rejuvenation. Whether you are seeking a full-face rejuvenation or targeting specific areas, the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser can be adjusted to deliver optimal results for your skin type and condition. Unlike other energy-based treatments, Halo is safe for darker skin tones, making a wider range of skin types good candidates for treatment.
When it comes to achieving radiant and youthful skin, a personal consultation at Allegro Med Spa is the first step toward revitalizing your appearance. During your consultation, you’ll meet with an experienced member of our team of medical professionals who will take the time to understand your unique cosmetic goals and concerns. We will thoroughly assess your skin, discussing your medical history and any previous treatments you have undergone. By examining the condition of your skin, its texture, and the specific areas of concern, we’ll be able to honestly recommend whether the Halo Fractional Laser is the ideal solution for you, or if you’d get better results from another treatment.
At Allegro Med Spa, we believe in providing comprehensive care to our patients. In addition to the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser treatment, we can offer expert advice on skincare and recommend additional complementary treatments to enhance and maintain your results. Our goal is to empower you with the knowledge and guidance needed to make informed decisions about your cosmetic journey. Ready to embark on your path to healthier, more youthful-looking skin? Contact our office at (707) 537-2111 to schedule your personal consultation in Santa Rosa.
In the weeks leading up to your Halo treatment session, it’s important to baby your skin. We’ll give you detailed instructions that may include the following:
- Avoiding waxing, plucking, and other hair removal that can irritate the skin.
- Discontinuing retinoids, exfoliants, and other topical treatments like glycolic or salicylic acid.
- Avoiding extended sun exposure and tanning
- If you are prone to cold sores in the area to be treated, you may be prescribed an antiviral to prevent an outbreak.
Before your Halo session begins, the treatment area will be cleansed and treated with a topical anesthetic for your comfort. Once it takes effect, you’ll be given protective eyewear, and your technician will adjust the settings according to the area and skin concerns that you wish to treat. They will move the handpiece across the treatment area, and steady pulses of the hybrid laser energy will be emitted. Thanks to the numbing cream, you’ll only feel a warm, snapping sensation. Halo has a built-in cooling system that directs cold air onto the area during the treatment to help keep you comfortable. Depending on how long it takes for your skin to become numb, and the size of the area being treated, your appointment can take anywhere from one to two hours.
Halo provides effective skin rejuvenation with minimal downtime. Most patients experience a sunburn-like sensation immediately after the treatment, which resolves within a few hours. The skin may appear pink or red for a few days, and during this time, patients can expect peeling, swelling, and itching. It’s important to keep in mind that this is all normal, a sign that the treatment is working, and that symptoms usually resolve in under a week! To ensure optimal healing, it is crucial to follow the post-treatment instructions provided. These instructions include using gentle cleansers and moisturizers specifically recommended for your skin type, avoiding direct sunlight, and applying sunscreen diligently to protect your newly treated skin.
After your skin has fully recovered, you will notice an ongoing improvement in your skin’s texture, tone, and overall appearance. Fine lines and wrinkles become less noticeable, while hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and acne scars are significantly reduced. The Halo’s nonablative laser stimulates collagen production, for firmer, smoother skin that gradually improves over time. For optimal results, we may recommend a series of Sciton Halo Fractional Laser treatments spaced several weeks apart.
If you’re seeking an improvement in your overall skin quality, whether it be reducing the signs of aging, minimizing scars, or correcting hyperpigmentation, the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser is a versatile and highly effective solution. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Paco Canales and the team at Allegro Med Spa, and take the first step toward achieving your desired skin rejuvenation goals.
The BBL Hero is another versatile treatment and innovative technology by Sciton. BBL stands for broadband light. Unlike lasers that use single wavelengths of energy, the BBL Hero uses a flashlamp that emits a range of light wavelengths to treat signs of aging and pigmentation issues gently. This type of treatment is also known as intense pulsed light therapy (IPL) or a photofacial. However, the BBL Hero has game-changing improvements that set it apart from the other light-based devices available today. If you’re concerned about dark spots, acne, redness, or your overall complexion, the BBL Hero is an excellent solution. Treatments are fast, extremely comfortable, and can be adjusted to your skin concerns.
The total cost of treatment with Halo depends on the number of sessions required, the areas being treated, and your personalized treatment plan. You’ll receive a detailed estimate following your personal consultation. To get started, call (707) 537-2111!
What is the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser?
The Sciton Halo Fractional Laser is an advanced laser technology that is used for skin resurfacing and rejuvenation treatments. It is a revolutionary device that combines non-ablative and ablative wavelengths to target specific skin concerns with precision.
How does the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser work?
The laser works by delivering targeted energy into the deeper layers of the skin, stimulating collagen production and promoting cellular regeneration. This helps to improve skin tone and texture, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, and address various skin issues such as acne scars, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and uneven skin tone.
What are the benefits of the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser?
The Sciton Halo Fractional Laser offers numerous benefits for patients seeking skin rejuvenation treatments. Some of the key benefits include:
• Acne scar removal: The laser targets and breaks down scar tissue, promoting new collagen growth and reducing the appearance of acne scars.
• Wrinkle reduction: By stimulating collagen production, the laser helps to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, giving the skin a smoother and more youthful look.
• Hyperpigmentation treatment: The laser targets excess melanin in the skin, reducing the appearance of dark spots and patches caused by sun exposure, hormonal changes, or aging.
• Sun damage treatment: The laser can effectively treat sun-damaged skin, reversing the signs of photoaging and restoring a more youthful complexion.
• Uneven skin tone treatment: Whether caused by sun damage, hormonal changes, or other factors, the laser can help even out skin tone, giving the skin a more balanced and radiant appearance.
• Age spot removal: The laser targets and breaks down pigmented lesions, such as age spots, freckles, and sunspots, resulting in a more even skin tone.
Is Halo treatment painful?
During the procedure, patients may experience a mild sensation of heat or tingling on the skin. However, the treatment is generally well-tolerated, and topical anesthesia can be applied if needed to ensure maximum comfort during the session.
What is the recovery time after the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser treatment?
The downtime after the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser treatment is minimal compared to other laser resurfacing treatments. Patients may experience some redness, swelling, and minor peeling for a few days following the procedure. However, these side effects are temporary and can be easily managed with proper aftercare instructions.
How many sessions of Halo are required for optimal results?
The number of sessions required depends on the individual’s specific skin concerns and goals. In most cases, significant improvements can be seen after just one treatment. However, additional sessions may be recommended for more severe skin conditions or for those seeking more dramatic results. Our experienced team will assess your skin during the initial consultation and provide you with a personalized treatment plan tailored to your needs.
Is the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser safe for all skin types?
Yes, the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser is safe for all skin types, including darker skin tones. The laser technology used in this treatment allows for customizable settings, ensuring that the energy is delivered safely and effectively to each patient’s unique skin type and condition.
Can the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser be combined with other treatments?
Yes, the Sciton Halo Fractional Laser can be combined with other treatments to enhance the overall results. Skilled practitioners can develop a comprehensive treatment plan that may include additional procedures such as injectables, dermal fillers, or other laser treatments to address specific concerns and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Gold MH. Update on Fractional Laser Technology. The Journal of clinical and aesthetic dermatology. 2010;3(1):42-50. Accessed March 30, 2021. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2921736/
- Alster T, Husain Z. The role of lasers and intense pulsed light technology in dermatology. Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology. 2016;2016(9):29. doi: https://doi.org/10.2147/ccid.s69106